History of The Ice House
The Colonial Beach Ice House was built in 1901 to function as both a commercial fish packing facility and ice making plant for the community. In the 1950's the property was converted to serves as the town power generation plant. Most of the original architecture, including the tin siding, wavy glass panes in the windows, and old metal beams have been retained. The artesian well is still visible from within the building.